Here are initial crisis maps of Mumbai, please let me know if you know of others.
Patrick Meier (PhD)iRevolutions has 1.5 Million+ hits!
Patrick is an internationally recognized thought leader on humanitarian technology and innovation. Author (2015): "Digital Humanitarians: How Big Data is Changing Humanitarian Response." Previously: Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, United Nations, World Bank. Currently: QCRI. PhD from Fletcher School, Pre-Doctoral Fellow at Stanford and MA at Columbia. Born & raised in Africa.
Follow on Twitter: @patrickmeier
Table of Contents
Popular Posts This Week
- How to Run a Successful Crowdsourcing Project
- How UAVs Are Making a Difference in Disaster Response
- Big Data, Disaster Resilience and Lord of the Rings
- Analyzing Fake Content on Twitter During Boston Marathon Bombings
- Live: Crowdsourced Verification Platform for Disaster Response
- CrisisTracker: Collaborative Social Media Analysis For Disaster Response
- Standby Crisis Mappers Task Force: Apply Now!
- Reflections on Digital Humanitarians – The Book
- MicroMappers: Towards Next Generation Humanitarian Technology
- Digital Jedis Complete Response to Typhoon Ruby
- Calling All Digital Jedis: Support UN Response to Super Typhoon Ruby!
- Social Media Generates Social Capital: Implications for City Resilience and Disaster Response
- Using Social Media to Anticipate Human Mobility and Resilience During Disasters
- Digital Jedis: There Has Been An Awakening…
- Crowdsourcing and Humanitarian Action: Analysis of the Literature
- Computing Research Institutes as an Innovation Pathway for Humanitarian Technology
- Establishing Social Media Hashtag Standards for Disaster Response
- New: List of Software for UAVs and Aerial Imagery
- Humanitarian UAV/Drones in Conflict Zones: Fears, Concerns and Opportunities
- Using Flash Crowds to Automatically Detect Earthquakes & Impact Before Anyone Else
- Code of Conduct: Cyber Crowdsourcing for Good
- Automatically Classifying Text Messages (SMS) for Disaster Response
- UN Experts Meeting on Humanitarian UAVs
- Low-Cost UAV Applications for Post-Disaster Assessments: A Streamlined Workflow
- Integrating Geo-Data with Social Media Improves Situational Awareness During Disasters
- May the Crowd Be With You
- Using UAVs to Estimate Crowd Populations