The thing that recently seemed to be fantastic today is an ordinary and competent solution. Experts share the opinion that solar panels are an investment in the future. The popularity of alternative energy sources is now gaining momentum. How to seize the opportunity and what do you need to know about the solar system at home?
In a nutshell, a solar panel is a device that converts sunlight into electric current. It is not that cheap, but it pays off in full. The compelling advantages of such know-how are:
With proper utilization, solar systems do not harm the environment. As a safe product, it can have a positive effect on the ecology.
An important advantage of such energy is independence. Power line outages, increase in tariffs, power system congestion – with the installation of solar panels all these problems will not bother you anymore. Such a source of electricity is a long-term prospect that will help save the family budget because you will no longer be afraid of electricity bills.
How to choose solar panels?
A wide range of solar panels on the market allows each buyer to get what he needs. In order not to get lost in the diversity of the solutions, it is worth considering several points that you need to rely on when choosing solar panels.
- Warranty. Sometimes something breaks down. To insure yourself and protect from possible failures, you should have a manufacturer’s warranty. In general, the service life of panels ranges from 20 to 25 years. The manufacturer’s warranty is often less than the service life, but the difference between these indicators should not be more than 20%.
- Performance. You must understand that the indicated performance will differ from the actual one. This is normal if the inaccuracy is no more than 5%.
- Official representation. This is necessary to be able to submit a warranty claim. If there is no official representative of this manufacturer in your country, repair under warranty will not be possible.
- Inverter. The efficiency rate of this component must be high and correspond to the rest of the solar system. It depends on the inverter how long the financial investments in the alternative energy system will pay off.
- Installation. For the solar system to serve you for a long time and efficiently, its installation should be entrusted only to professionals, such as Solar contractors in Homequote. This is a complex procedure with costly equipment and in no way can be trusted to amateurs.
If you decide to install solar panels these main points must be considered. After all, the quality of work and the payback of expensive equipment will depend directly on each point. For more detailed information about solar panels and their installation, look here for more.
What are the types of solar panels?
There are two types of solar panels – monocrystalline and polycrystalline. The first ones are suitable mainly for residents of the equatorial regions because such panels work only when the sun rays hit them at a right angle.
Polycrystalline models produce electricity regardless of the sun ray’s tilt angle and even from reflected light. They are more adapted for private use. Such panels have a low threshold for automatic start. And they are cheaper than monocrystalline panels.
Photomodules are installed mainly on the roof. When there is not enough space, additional solutions are required. You can use the roof of the garage, other buildings or construct, if possible, an additional canopy with a roof of solar panels. The space under can be used as a veranda or parking.
The decision to install a solar system is not made in a single day; it must be well-considered and deliberate. The correct calculation of the required number of panels, the choice of the manufacturer, and the team that will carry out the installation – all this requires time and attention.
For the panels’ installation to bring the expected result and benefit, each of these points must be of high quality. When it all comes together, your home power station will give you pleasure and pay off in full.